As of release 12.7, these installation instructions no longer apply. See Installing for the current instructions.
The following installation instructions are also covered in the Cougaar Overview Slides.
- Requirements (for Cougaar 12.6):
Ensure that Java 1.6+ is installed and on the system path. To download the JDK, visit http://java.sun.com. No special operating system or hardware is required. Cougaar developers use a variety of operating systems, including Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX. SMP and HyperThreading are fully supported.
- Create a Cougaar directory (ie “C:/Cougaar”) and set a “COUGAAR_INSTALL_PATH” environment variable to point to this directory.
- Download either a packaged version of Cougaar or a nightly build from Downloads.
- Unzip the desired zip files into your COUGAAR_INSTALL_PATH.
The following two are required:
- cougaar.zip, which contains the core cougaar infrastructure.
- cougaar-support.zip, which contains all required 3rd party support jars.
The other zips, such as cougaar-src.zip and cougaar-api.zip, are optional.
For additional details on the zip files and their contents, see the Release Contents
You should now be able to run the “ping” application, as documented in the Cougaar Overview Slides. This will verify that the Cougaar installation was successful and demonstrate a basic Cougaar application.
The “Pizza Party” application is a second demonstration application that’s included in the Cougaar release. It focuses on the Task/Allocation planning domain and service provider discovery. For details, please see the Online “Pizza Party” documentation, and Getting Started Guide.