The Cougaar development team at Raytheon BBN Technologies is please to announce that Cougaar 12.7 has been released.
Cougaar 12.7 is a rebase of Cougaar. It is primarily about consolidating down to a smaller subset of the code that represents the core functionality and re-organizing to make it easier to install and use, particularly for developers of both applications and the core software. This makes Cougaar more supportable in the long term. Therefore, Cougaar 12.7 contains no significant new functionality.
See the 12.7 Release Notes, 12.7 build directory for downloads, updated Javadocs, and the Gitweb repository viewer.
The Cougaar development team at Raytheon BBN Technologies is please to announce that Cougaar 12.6 has been released.
Highlights of this release are:
- Annotations for easy specification of Plugin Parameters, Subscriptions, Service Bindings and Queries. Some tutorials have been updated to use annotations. See Query Annotations.
- Generics support for black board subscriptions and predicates that reduces runtime checking of instanceof and subsequent casting. See Generics.
- As announced in the past few months, but not in a release yet, the Cougaar repository was converted from CVS to Git with the retention of all checkin messages, tags, and branches. cougaar.org hosts external Git repositories.
- Cougaar now requires Java 6 to compile and execute.
- Agent lifecycle improvements.
See the 12.6 Release Notes, 12.6 build directory for downloads, updated Javadocs, and the Gitweb repository viewer.