The Cougaar development team at Raytheon BBN Technologies is please to announce that Cougaar 12.6 has been released.
Highlights of this release are:
- Annotations for easy specification of Plugin Parameters, Subscriptions, Service Bindings and Queries. Some tutorials have been updated to use annotations. See Query Annotations.
- Generics support for black board subscriptions and predicates that reduces runtime checking of instanceof and subsequent casting. See Generics.
- As announced in the past few months, but not in a release yet, the Cougaar repository was converted from CVS to Git with the retention of all checkin messages, tags, and branches. cougaar.org hosts external Git repositories.
- Cougaar now requires Java 6 to compile and execute.
- Agent lifecycle improvements.